Award winning and technologically advanced Hatfield based organisation have an opportunity for an experience Employee Relations Advisor to join their HR team. You will provide an extensive range of HR generalist support and advice to the Operations Team.
Employee Relations Advisor – Job Overview
- Work with other HR Advisors, HR Business Partners and functional specialists (Learning and Development, Recruitment, Engagement, etc.) to ensure consistent implementation of HR policies, procedures and projects.
- Work closely with key customers in a partnership capacity; coach and assist line managers to understand and effectively implement HR policies, procedures and best practices
- Provide pragmatic, professional expertise and advice on specific topics, e.g. family friendly policies, diversity awareness, performance management and promote equality and diversity as an integral part of the culture of the organisation.
- Manage and facilitate transformation in terms of working practices and management style across business areas
- Attend and contribute to team meetings both with key customers and within HR; lead and participate in project and working groups on initiatives
- Utilise employee data and trend analysis to educate and work in partnership with line managers on people issues, e.g. absence management, reducing churn
- Provide HR support to management in high level disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings as well as in case of absence; provide performance management expertise and assistance
- Interpret and advise on relevant current employment legislation and advise on risk and mitigation regarding employment law
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety stream and Line Management, ensure that there are safe working systems, procedures and policies in place at all relevant locations
Employee Relations Advisor – Required Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of working as an HR Advisor within a busy HR Team (CIPD qualifications beneficial but not essential)
- Strong Employee Relations knowledge and experience
- Relationship management and people management skills
- Ability to interpret numerical data in consideration of business priorities
- Good organisation and delegation skills
- Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources
- Experience of conflict resolution
- Current driving licence
Employee Relations Advisor – Benefits Offered
- To £35,000 per annum
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
Thank you for your application.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business.