Are you a trained legal professional looking to come out of practice to join a rapidly expanding business?
Have you experience of providing consumer/contract/commercial law advice and support?
An expanding and respected organisation in Stevenage are looking to recruit a Senior Ombudsman to join their team to support their business and its clients. You’ll be offered the chance to have full autonomy in a role that is set for major growth and development. As the legal expert you will be reporting into the board of directors giving you the opportunity to support and influence the business from a legal perspective.
Senior Ombudsman - Job Overview
As the Senior Ombudsman your duties will include;
- Legal Expert - being the company expert on Consumer, Contract and Commercial law
- Training (Internal) – providing ongoing training and mentoring to team members to ensure their legal knowledge is up to date and they are effectively trained to perform well in their roles.
- Training (External) – working with clients to create and deliver legal training with their teams to ensure they have a strong knowledge and are better equipped to provide customer service to their customers. Occasional travel will be required
- Stakeholder Engagement – managing relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels along with building strong external stakeholder engagement with the company’s clients, carrying out service review meetings with clients and business partners
- Auditing – internally auditing case managers work to ensure it is compliant with current legislation. Providing constructive feedback and coaching and mentoring case managers to improve performance where needed
- Project Management/ Implementation – advising and consulting with Directors from a legal perspective on all new projects that arise
- Escalated Cases – considering any escalated legal cases, investigating and ensuring the correct outcome is achieved
- Risk Management – reporting and managing risk, supporting the CEO and board with evidence used in decision making with regards to general legal matters
- Compensation Guidelines - Working with external businesses to draft compensation guidelines to minimise risk of legal team being utilised by the consumer
Senior Ombudsman - Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of working in a legal environment, supporting with consumer/contract/commercial law issues
- Prior experience supporting both internal teams and external clients must be evident
- Creation and delivery of training is an advantage but not essential
- Relevant legal qualification
- Confident influencer at senior level
- Strong communication skills
- Team orientated
In-house Legal Counsel – Benefits Offered
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 pa
- Private healthcare and pension
- Income protection
- 25 days holiday
Thank you for your application.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business.