Ombudsman (Legal Case Handler) – Stevenage - £20,000 - £25,000
Are you a recent law graduate with a keen interest in commercial and consumer law?
Do you have previous work experience within a legal environment?
Our client is a successful, growing business who provide a third-party dispute resolution service for retailers and consumers. This is an exciting time to be joining the business as they are currently undergoing a sustained period of growth which is set to continue throughout 2018!
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a varied caseload, resolving disputes between members and consumers. They are looking for a confident, assertive and empathetic individual to join their team with excellent attention to detail
Duties will include;
· Collating and assessing case evidence
· Assessing legal documents for accuracy
· Using your legal knowledge, adjudicate on an assigned case load
· Communicating with members and consumers by telephone, keeping them informed of the status of their case
· Give legal advice on consumer law and complaint management to subscribing members
· Ensuring all case details and outcomes are logged accurately
· Keeping abreast of current legislation
· 2.1 or above in a Law based degree
· Previous work experience within a legal environment
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· LPC or additional study is advantageous
· Salary up to £25,000 (dependent on experience)
· Working hours Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
· 21 days holiday per year + bank holidays
Thank you for your application.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business